Finding the right fire door
Fire doors prevent the spread of flames and smoke in the event of a fire. Here we explain the different types to help you identify the best option for your needs.
To help you achieve a coordinated look throughout your home, many of our most popular door styles are available as fire doors. So, if you need to add a fire door to a loft conversion or integral garage, you can find one that matches your other doors.
Flush internal fire doors
Moulded internal fire doors
Hardwood internal fire doors
External flush fire doors
FIRE RATED DOOR INFORMATION
- You will find both FD30 and FD60 fire doors in our range. FD30 doors can withstand fire for 30 minutes, whilst FD60 doors offer up to an hour of protection. Ensure you choose fire rated hardware and joinery with the same certification as your door.
What our guarantees, standards and accreditations mean
We are proud to be recognised for our quality, reliability and sustainability, which is why we put our products through rigorous testing and use materials from FSC® and PEFC™ certified sources to maintain our corporate responsibilities. We also constantly strive to develop the latest technological innovations in order to provide cutting-edge, energy-efficient products.
Our commitment to this has resulted in many of our products meeting certain standards and receiving official accreditations and accolades.
- We are a British business. We pride ourselves on the sense of local community, traditional values and long-established relationships that thrive in our depots throughout the country and manufacturing facilities. The UK logo on our website indicates that the products illustrated are manufactured and assembled in the UK.
- All our manufacturing sites hold the British Standard (BS) ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System accreditation. This requires organisations to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory obligations, and aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system.
- All our manufacturing, warehouse and distribution sites hold the BS ENOHSAS18001 Health and Safety Standard accreditation. This requires organisations to promote a safe and healthy working environment by implementing a framework that identifies and controls health and safety risks, reduces potential accidents, aids legal compliance and improves overall performance.
- We work closely with our suppliers to ensure that the items we purchase come from responsibly managed sources and are produced in a socially responsible way. Howdens Joinery is certified to operate the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification™ (PEFC™) Chain of Custody certificates, which apply to a number of products as indicated by the relevant logos on our website.
- 100% of wood-based material used in our UK based manufacturing is from FSC® certified sources.
- 98% of all waste produced in manufacturing and logistics is diverted from landfill by recycling and producing heat energy for our factories.
- All cardboard packaging we use is sourced from recycled or certified sources.